Friday 17 November 2017

D.Va - My Top 5 Tips




In light of the 'one-trick player ban' scandal (try saying that fast!), I thought I better start to play different Heroes, other than Torbjorn.............

Only joking! I do play other Heroes, actually, I like to consider myself a flex player (not a very good one, but a flex player non the less).

Anyway, recently I've been playing a lot of D.Va. and I've really enjoyed playing here. So much so, I thought I would write a quick blog of my top 5 tips on how I thing she should be played.

Disclaimer: I take no responsibility in lost SR 1. Range – work on your range/ distance. Get in the oppositions face! Remember, you’re in a massive mech. You’ll do a load more damage. Don’t worry if you loss your mech, you can hide as baby D.Va and make pop shots at range to charge your mech faster. Defiantly be more aggressive.
2. Defence Matrix – learn when to use defence matrix, and when to let it cool. This took me a while to get used to, but just keep practising. The general role I use, if you’re not close to enemies use your defence matrix over your fusion cannons. You will be a lot more effective. Use it to shield your team mates, and also use it to put in the faces of the enemy. Don’t be scared to fly into the oppositions DPS and harass them with it. It’ll drive Soldier players nuts! I also found it useful to research what defence matrix blocks/ shields and what it doesn’t.
3. Self-destruct – Think of self-destruct as a way of crowd controlling the enemy. An example of this is if you’re playing a control point map, and the enemy has captured the point (also standing on the point), send the self-destruct in and watch them scatter. This is really effective if you communicate the plan of attack with your team mates.
4. Flank – Consider using D.Va as a flanker on some maps. I use D.Va to flank quite a bit. You do need to be really aggressive when flanking with her though, but once you get used to that style of play, you can really disturb the enemy backline.
5. Harass, harass and harass – I’ve mentioned this already, but honestly, if you get in the face of the enemy they will find it a struggle to deal with (just think of all the horrible situations you would have been in when facing a D.Va on the opposite team). You may not feel like your doing much, but even if you distract one or two of the enemies, you are creating space for your DPS to do some damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment